Monday, June 1, 2009

So...THAT...Happened

Where to begin? I know, I have been gone from here for, well...for many, many months. Before I catch you up though can I just note that for $64,000 I could buy a flat in Prague - yeah, that's right bitches! I have cable again (after eight years away) and me and HGTV are BFF's!

Enough gushing about my new bestie - so, I have been a busy bee with the 2nd Story Festival and work (oh the work that is work) and moving in with my handsome manfriend (le gasp! i am domestic - it's awesome and gross). How I survived the month of April I will never fully understand but I did it friends and now I get to celebrate by sitting on the couch watching shows about home renovations...

Life has finally settled into a new shape and it's lovely. Bike riding weather is finally upon us here in Chicago and the boyf and I biked it down the Lakeshore bike path on Saturday to the farmers market - the biggest farmers market I've been to and it was AWESOME! There were flowers and asparagus and PURE MAPLE SYRUP! What?! And they gave out samples of the maple syrup - this must be what an organically made heaven would be like. Plus we got to go to the Original Pancake House which is mayhaps the best subterrean urban pancake house in the world - total WIN!

I've also been making up with my long lost friend the gym...yup, that's right. Let me just say God bless whoever put together the compilation "The Best of Bootie 2008" because it gets me through the two hour workouts I've been putting in every other day. I know, you are probably like "Heather you beast! What are you training for? The NYC marathon?!" and no, I'm not in fact, I'm just training for walking up the steps to the train without gasping...and let me tell you it's working! Yay!

Things that are YAY!:
1. Thao and the Get Down Stay Down - Rocks my world - so good acoustic and rocking and just my favorite new band.

2. New apartments - With HOT, ginormous kitchens and plenty of room for the dog (yes! I live with a dog now...best. thing. ever!) to run around and play catch.

3. Fat Cat - Yummy food, yummy beer, two blocks away and my new fave place to spend all of my expendable income.

Things that are Boo:
1. Still having boxes to unpack....poooo

No comments: